The German University of Halle is one of the old universities in Germany and is an integrated university named Martin Luther University and is located in two separate cities, Hala and Wittenberg in Germany, the university of research, taught in German as the primary language and in English for international students who do not speak German, the University of Hala grants bachelor's degrees in many disciplines including science and arts, and also master's and doctorate, in this article we will learn about the German University of Halle in some detail.
ماذا سوف تتعلم
About Hala German University
As mentioned earlier, the University of Hala is an integrated university where the university was created in 1817 after the merger of the universities of Wittenberg and the University of Halle.
- The University of Wittenberg was created by Friedrich the Wise, the ruling Prince of Saxony, and then became a Protestant centre for reform by Philippe Mellankton.
- The University of Halle was created by Frederick III, the elector Prince of Brandenburg, and in 1701 the Prince of Brandenborough was King of Prussia, and the University of Halle became a place of strengthening movement thereafter.
- The University of Hala and the University of Wittenberg became centers of enlightenment.
- In 1813 the University of Wittenberg was closed due to the Napoleonic War, after which at the Congress of Vienna Wittenberg was given to Prussia and the University of Halle and the University of Wittenberg were merged in 1813 to become a single university.
- The University of Wittenberg was established in 1502 and the University of Hala was established in 1961.
- With the merger of the two universities, there was the Martin Luther University, which is the name of the religious reformer and one of the professors of the University of Wittenberg Martin Luther, and the university was named after him.
- The two cities are an hour away from the capital Berlin by express train.
Specializations of the German University of Hala
It is worth mentioning that the German University of Hala is one of the universities within Germany that contains nine specialties and all of them are specialties that many students are looking for, and in this paragraph we will know the most important disciplines that exist in the university:
- Faculty of Economic Sciences and Law.
- The first Faculty of Philosophy which contains the study of history, culture and social studies subjects.
- The Faculty of Philosophy II and in it music and modern and ancient languages are taught.
- The Faculty of Philosophy III and this is specific to the study of pedagogical subjects.
- Faculty of Chemistry, Biology and Pharmacy or the so-called Faculty of Natural Sciences I.
- Faculty of Physical and Chemical Sciences or the so-called Faculty of Natural Sciences II.
- The Faculty of Computer Sciences, the Faculty of Earth Sciences and Geology, the Faculty of Agriculture and the Faculty of Mathematics and these faculties are all called the Faculty of Natural Sciences III.
- Faculty of Medicine.
People who graduated from Hala University and received the Nobel Prize
The list of people who received the Nobel Prize and were students of the University of Hala is long, there are many of them and from different fields and this means that the university is keen to give students knowledge in distinctive ways so that they can then excel in their fields and innovate, from the most famous Nobel Prize recipients at the University of Halle:
- The German physician Emil von Berng, who received the Nobel Prize in the world and received it in 1901 AD.
- The German experimental physicist Gustav Herz, was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1925.
- German chemist Hermann Staudinger who was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1963 in chemistry.
- Anthony William, a sub-Saharan African, was educated in Germany, lived his life as a philosopher and was a professor at the University of Hala and Jena.
Ranking of Hala University globally
Universities in Germany are considered one of the best universities around the world where there are two universities in the ranking of the top 100 universities globally and more than 59 universities in the ranking of the top 1000 universities around the world, and here are the ranking of some universities in Germany globally according to the QS website:
- Technical University of Munich is ranked first in the University Rankings in Germany and among the top 50 universities in the world, ranking 50th.
- It is followed by Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg, the second best university in Germany and among the top 100 universities in the world as it ranks 63rd globally.
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München is ranked third in Germany and among the top 100 universities globally where it comes in 64th place.
- Freie Universität Berlin is ranked fourth in Germany, and ranked 127th globally.
- The University of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin occupies the fifth place in Germany and came in 128th place globally.
- KIT University, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology came in sixth place in Germany and ranked 163rd globally.
- RWTH Aachen University ranked eighth in Germany and 165th globally.
- Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg is ranked ninth in the top ten universities in Germany, and among the top 200 universities globally it is ranked 172nd globally.
- The tenth place in Germany was the University of Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen in Germany and ranked 177th in the world.
- Martin Luther University in Wittenberg Hall was ranked in the top 30 universities in Germany as it ranked No. 29 in Germany and No. 461 globally, which means that it is an advanced university locally and globally.
The city of Hala, Germany
The city of Halo is located in the state of Saxony in Germany, which is located in the east of central Germany and lives in the city of Halle about a quarter of a million people, in this paragraph we will learn some information about the city of Hala so that students can know the city well before going to it and studying in it:
- The city of Hala is characterized by the green views in it and it has seventy kilometers of water, and is a center for the practice of sports and recreation by citizens because of its many stunning views.
- It has more than 180 gyms, gardens with beautiful plants, racing venues, a cinema with zoos and picnic gardens.
Standard of living in the city of Hala, Germany
Before coming to the city of Hala and studying at Martin Luther Halle-Wittenberg University, it is very important that students get acquainted with the standard of living in this city to know the expenses they need to live and study in:
- Hala is one of the cheapest cities in Germany in terms of cost of life.
- The value of an apartment with one living room is about 350 euros per month which is a low amount compared to other cities in Germany, and the amount decreases the closer we get to the outskirts of the city.
- The highest amount of accommodation in the city of Hala is between 700-800 euros per month in the city center, and if this price is compared to prices in the city of Berlin, the capital Berlin is 130% more expensive.
- Mandatory expenses such as electricity and water bills are not high as they range from €85 to €350 depending on personal consumption and vary from person to person, which means that if the cost is medium for bills you can add €195 above the rental cost.
- Prices for meals in restaurants are suitable for everyone, average restaurants offer meals in the amount of 10 euros per person.
You can also get to know the University of Heidelberg