The University of Bochum in Germany Ruhr-Universität Bochum, is one of the ten largest universities in Germany with 32,000 students, the University of Bochum is one of the leading universities in Germany in the fields of research and development, the specialties of the University of Bochum cover a wide range of natural, engineering and social sciences and are taught in twenty faculties offering 120 bachelor's and master's degrees.
ماذا سوف تتعلم
Study at the University of Bochum
This university is the first public university to be opened in Germany after World War II.
- Opened in 1962 and began teaching in 1965, it is today one of the largest German and even European universities , with a large number of students from all countries in the world.
- This university derives its strength from the diversity and proximity of the departments of science and engineering to each other on a harmonious campus.
- This interdependence and convergence between the departments of the university helps students and researchers at the university to work and overcome the traditional obstacles facing scientific research.
- The campus of the University of Bochum is designed in a very special way to increase effective communication between students and researchers of the university.
- Even in 2007, the university reached the final stage of the "Excellence Initiative", a program of the German government where the best German universities compete with each other.
Features of Bochum University
There are a set of advantages that characterize this university and they are as follows:
- It aims to integrate scientific research carried out at the same university with the university's study and teaching programs.
- In order for students' skills not to be limited to their only area of specialization and in order to have a comprehensive view, Ruhr Bochum University is interested in interdisciplinary overlap and integration where all subjects can be linked and combined.
- This principle can even be applied between different faculties, thanks to the union of the University of Bochum, which was founded in 2007 with the neighboring universities Dortmund and Duisburg-Essen.
- For the University of Bochum, new researchers are at the center of attention, as it considers these students to be the cornerstone of future discoveries and future scientific research.
- This university is part of the AU-Ruhr Alliance, an alliance between three universities, Ruhr Bochum University, Duisburg-Essen University and Dortmund University.
- This alliance represents the research giant world in the Ruhr region and a great source of attraction for students from all over the world to study in this region.
Preparatory Year at the University of Bochum
Simply put, Studienkolleg is a preparatory college in Germany designed to prepare international international students who want to study in Germany but whose qualifications do not meet the standards of the German education system, Studienkolleg usually lasts for 4 semesters or an entire academic year, the goal is to prepare you with the required skills and knowledge in specific subjects related to your preferred bachelor's course, depending on the field of study you wish to study in Germany, you will need to attend one of the following Studienkolleg courses:
- T-Kurs: German, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Information Technology
- M-Kurs: German language, mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology
- W-Kurs: German, Mathematics, Economics, Business and Sociology
- G-Kurs: German, German History and Literature, Sociology and Statistics
- As you can see, German lessons are a top priority at Studienkolleg because whatever type of course you learn, you will learn German.
- If your regular course is taught in English, which is likely to be at the postgraduate level, you will learn English.
- In fact, providing you with a strong level of knowledge of the language is one of the main objectives of Studienkolleg, in addition, language courses will be counted for the largest number of classes during Studienkolleg.
- Over the time you enter the preparatory year in Germany you must have a minimum knowledge of German or English, depending on the language in which you are studying the undergraduate course.
- The language of level B1 or B2 is usually required for German universities to pursue the preparatory year in Germany.
- During the one-year core course, you will use English or German in different contexts related to your fields of study, such as science, business or economics, which will greatly improve your language level and is a key factor for success in your regular studies in Germany.
Bochum University Specialties
The University of Bochum in Bochum offers a wide range of scientific disciplines that a student can study, in addition to a very strong infrastructure for scientific research, the Interdisciplinary School is a center for doctoral students at the University of Bochum, this department of the university helps students tremendously, easily helps them to enter the labor market and advises new students or students who plan to conduct doctoral research at the University of Bochum, these disciplines are as follows:
- Agriculture, Forestry and Environment
- Press & Media
- Public Health
- Human Medicine and Dentistry
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- Applied Sciences
- Art, music and design
- Law and Policy Sciences
- Linguistics and Cultural Studies
- Economics and Business Administration
- Psychology and Psychiatry
- Computer Engineering
Where is the University of Bochum located?
Founded in Bochum, Germany, the University of Bochum was founded in 1962 and began teaching in 1965, and was the first university founded in Germany after World War II.
- The university building is located outside the city of Bochum in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia in the Ruhr Basin region.
- The university is named after the Ruhr, one of the arms of the Rhine, and the cornerstone of this region.
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum (German: Ruhr-Universität Bochum, RUB) is a public research university located in the southern hills of the central Ruhr region of Bochum, Germany.
- Founded in 1962 as the first new public university in Germany after World War II, teaching began in 1965.
- RUB achieved great success in the state's Federal and State Excellence Initiative (2007), a competition among Germany's most prestigious universities, which was one of the few remaining institutions to compete for the title of "Elite University", but failed in the final round of the competition, there are currently nine universities in Germany holding this title.
- The University of Bochum was one of the first universities in Germany to offer international bachelor's and master's degrees, which replaced the traditional German diploma and master's degree except for some special cases, such as law, these degrees are offered by all faculties of the University of Bochum.
- The University currently offers a total of 184 different degree programs in all academic areas represented at the University.
University of Bochum ranked globally
Many may wonder about the ranking of the University of Bochum globally and this is what we will present in this paragraph.
- The university has been ranked excellent in the world and ranked 251-300 according to Times Higher Education, and ranked 29th in Germany according to the same ranking.
- According to the QS ranking of the best universities, Ruhr University is ranked 432nd in the world.
Costs of studying at the University of Bochum
There are no university fees at Ruhr University, and studying there is free, but students must pay €320 per semester, and in return the student will receive a transfer ticket authorizing him. Freedom of travel within the state of North Rhine.
- The logo of Ruhr University is an excellent future opportunity and a prestigious university degree.
- A wide range of disciplines that students can study at this university which has about 200 specializations in various fields.
- It offers many majors taught in English for students who want to study in English.
- Bochum will be your new home that will make you as happy as your home in your home country.
- World-class research and interdisciplinary teaching You always have someone to help you in the university's international student department, you're never alone.
- Many university sports and cultural activities … Etcetera.
- Studying at Ruhr University Bochum is very affordable, accommodation in the area is cheap and there is no tuition fee.
You can also get to know the University of Tübingen.