You may have heard a lot of advantages about studying in Germany and the free education in it, and that education in Germany is distinct and advanced, but there are a lot of disadvantages about studying in Germany that are difficult to adapt to for some students, not all disciplines are free, and although education is free, there are some fees you pay, in addition to the costs of housing, living and other things that we will fall into in this article today.
ماذا سوف تتعلم
- Disadvantages of studying in Germany
- Conditions for studying in Germany
Disadvantages of studying in Germany
Germany is one of the countries with a good economy and a distinguished education, and has a lot of advantages compared to other European countries, but there are some disadvantages that we must take into account:
- First, the cost of living you have to adapt to the possibility that you will spend more money to live in Munich, for example, instead of Leesbig, and you can live less in lower cities depending on the budget you set for yourself, but it is bad that if you want to live in the capital and the cities next to it will require you to increase costs.
- Rent is the bulk of the cost of living in Germany, and depending on the location where the university you are studying is located in will require you to rent accommodation near it, and this will cost you about 220 euros per month, which is a high cost compared to the costs of food, transportation and other expenses.
- Housing expenses rise in famous cities of course such as Munich, Cologne, Hamburg, Frankfurt and Düsseldorf.
- You can overcome the housing problem if you live in university dormitory or manage to live with other students in a shared apartment and thus you will divide the rental costs on you.
- Being a student in Germany gives you privileges through your student card which gives you a discount on tickets to theaters, cinemas, swimming pools, opera and a lot of places.
- One of the disadvantages of studying in Germany is that it does not offer many disciplines in English and most of the disciplines are taught in German, so you have to master the language or reach an intermediate stage in it in order to be able to learn there and this means that you must study the language before you come and the preparatory year before in order to be able to study in Germany easily.
You can also learn about the advantages of studying in Germany
Conditions for studying in Germany
If you are about to study in Germany at undergraduate level you should familiarize yourself with the necessary papers in order to apply and enroll in public universities in Germany and here are the details:
- First you need to provide a certificate proving your proficiency in German if you are going to study a major in German or a certificate of English if you are going to study in English.
- You have to present your birth certificate.
- Provide a medical certificate to make sure that you do not suffer from serious diseases.
- Certificate of grades for the secondary level.
- Have an expired passport.
In case you want to apply for a master's or doctoral study program, you must submit the following papers and documents:
- A result that proves proficiency in English or German depending on the language in which they will be studied, but proficiency in German increases the chance of admission to universities.
- Your birth certificate.
- A medical certificate to ensure that the applicant does not suffer from serious diseases.
- Write down all courses and diplomas obtained by the student as well as their grades and assessments.
- The student must submit two reference dissertations.
- The answer to the intention of obtaining a master's degree or research work to which the student is applying.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Valid passport.
Obtaining a Student Visa
One of the most important things in traveling to study in Germany or any other country is to obtain a student visa, after completing the secondary stage the school and after the student submits his papers, the school from which the student graduated creates an invitation letter which is how much requirements to obtain a student visa, and here are the steps:
- First go to the German embassy and submit some documents such as; High school diploma with grades, their health insurance, passport, after the student has submitted all the paperwork he will be informed of a specific date for a personal interview.
- In order to obtain a visa, students must open a bank account worth €7,000.
- The student visa review takes approximately two weeks.
You can also learn about study tips in Germany
The best universities in Germany where education is almost free
Universities in Germany are very advanced which makes them compete with universities in America and Canada, as Germany is one of the countries that believe that free education increases the improvement of economic conditions and social life and increases the chances of the population to make their lives better and more prosperous, and the most famous universities in Germany:
- The University of Berlin is one of the most important universities in Germany and was established in 1984.
- Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich and this university contains the best study programs in the world.
- The Technical University of Munich which comes in second place as the best educational institution in Germany.
- Humboldt University of Berlin which was founded in 1810.
- The University of Aachen is one of the largest in Germany and was established in 1870.
- The University of Bonn has a large number of international students as 13% of the students studying there are international students.
- George Augustus University which was inaugurated in 1743.
- The University of Hamburg and this university is among the top twenty universities in Germany where it ranked twelfth.
- The University of Cologne, which is one of the oldest universities in Europe.
- The University of Goethe, this university has the largest number of students in Germany.
Study in Germany and the cost of living
While the main reason why students come to study in Germany is that studying in Germany is free, accredited and distinct, but it is necessary to pay for living in Germany this is inevitable, in this paragraph we will explain some of the expenses that the student costs:
- The cost of living in Germany's most expensive cities is about €12,000 per year, while the average cost in cities slightly away from the center of Germany is €10,200.
- Rent depletes the bulk of expenses and the cost decreases when a number of students share one apartment, the average rental cost is 280 euros per month.
- The student needs 170 euros for food expenses.
- €50 for clothing alimony.
- €94 for commuting, but you can get a student card that provides you with mobility in all public means and costs €500 and lasts for the duration of your studies.
- €31 for internet access and mobile cheering license.
- €62 for sports and leisure activities.
Study in Germany through scholarships
The German Daad Scholarship is one of the most popular scholarships offered in Germany, and provides many advantages to students such as:
- Monthly expense.
- Health insurance.
- Travel fees, in case the student does not receive these expenses from his country of origin.
- Free accommodation in some cases
- A monthly allowance so that the student can accompany his family members.
- The scholarship continues to give these benefits for 12 to 36 months or depending on the duration of study.