Germany is one of the distinguished countries in education in particular, and offers education free of charge to students and offers a lot of scholarships to international students, making it a suitable place for Arab students who want to study abroad and receive an outstanding education, as Germany is one of the countries that are characterized by a low or average standard of living compared to the rest of the countries in Europe, in this article we will convey to you a complete picture of everything you need to know about studying in Germany and its costs.
ماذا سوف تتعلم
- Costs of studying in Germany
- How much is required to study in Germany?
- How much does university study cost in Germany?
- The cost of studying and living in Germany
- How much does it cost to live in Germany for students
- How much does a student need in Germany?
- Student fees in Germany
- The cost of living in Germany per month
- How much does it cost to stay in Germany
Costs of studying in Germany
As we mentioned at the beginning of the article, Germany offers a lot of scholarships to students, whether they are full or semi-paid scholarships, and public universities in Germany are low cost, while public universities need high expenses and this is all over the world not only in Germany, in this paragraph we will learn about the cost of tuition in Germany from start to finish:
- All universities in Germany require an annual fee of €100 to €200.
- The study is divided into several semesters at public universities in Germany.
- The approximate cost per semester is approximately 260 to 300 euros.
- But some universities in Germany do not exceed 200 euros per semester.
- German universities offer a transport ticket for expatriate students only and it costs 500 euros and lasts for the entire duration of the student's study in Germany, which saves students a lot of trouble.
- If we talk about tuition costs, we find that they range from 700 to 1000 euros per year after adding the price of a ticket for public transport.
- In private universities, the cost is very high, reaching €20,000 per year.
Costs of master's and doctoral study in Germany
Germany is one of the countries that have a very good reputation for studying, especially master's study and preparing a doctoral thesis, and also the costs in public universities differ from private universities as we will mention in this paragraph:
- For example, an MBA study is known as non-sequential studies, i.e. its costs are paid once.
- Master's study expenses in Germany are much higher compared to bachelor's studies, as master's study at public universities amounts to $20,000 or $25,000.
- It increases by 10,000 or 15,000 in private universities.
- At the University of Heidelberg the Master's fees are paid more than once and at a time 2500 euros are paid, and the study of the Master of Arts is relatively high at up to 5000 at a time.
How much is required to study in Germany?
As we mentioned in the previous paragraph, studying in Germany requires paying fees to enroll in public or private universities with different costs between them, but in this paragraph we will explain the actual amount and how the tuition fees are divided:
- In order to enroll in a college in German universities, a student pays an administrative fee, and a fee in order to enroll in the program of study he wants, and these fees are relatively low compared to other countries, so studying in Germany is free of charge because of the low costs required.
- For Arab students, studying in Germany is free of charge in two cases, namely studying at public universities, studying in German and studying in English requires an additional fee.
How much does university study cost in Germany?
Studying in Germany is free of charge as the student does not pay money for education, but the nominal fees paid by students are for administrative dealings and services provided by the university to students, and these fees vary from region to region in Germany.
- In Voltimberg, tuition fees of €2,000 to €3,000 per year were levied only on international students studying bachelor's.
- Tuition fees at German public universities are €300 per semester and academic year in Germany consisting of two semesters, these fees are used by the Community to cover the financing of things used by students such as cafeteria, gyms and residential facilities, as well as the administrative fees necessary to enroll in the university.
- In some places and provinces in Germany, the administrative fee may increase by 75 euros, so you should contact the university where you want to study to find out all the fees you have to pay.
The cost of studying and living in Germany
In addition to free education, the cost of living in Germany is not high but low compared to European countries, the total amount that a student needs to study and live is a reasonable amount and suitable for most students, as we will mention now:
- The average cost of living in Germany is up to €850 per month per person and this value varies depending on the region in which the student studies and lives in Germany, and also according to personal expenses that vary from person to person.
- The cheapest cities in Germany are Leipzig, Bochum and Kiel.
How much does it cost to live in Germany for students
Most of the cost of living in Germany is for housing, so students should choose the residential cities that are less for living and which we mentioned in the previous paragraph, in this paragraph we will talk about the costs of living in general:
- As mentioned, a large part of the cost of living is related to housing and we will talk in detail about housing costs.
- Another essential part of the cost of living is the costs of food and food, but Germany is one of the economic countries characterized by low food prices, and food prices vary from region to region but are close, and in general Germany has better food prices than other European countries.
How much does a student need in Germany?
One of the most important things that students wonder about studying in Germany is the cost of living, Germany is attractive to study because of the free study in it, but students should know the possible expenses to live in:
- The average cost of living in Germany is 850 euros per month, the bulk of these costs are for housing, and the rent of a house in Germany may reach 250 or 300 euros depending on the region, and if the student lives in university housing the cost is 230 euros, this average cost is possible to increase or decrease.
Student fees in Germany
In this paragraph we will show you some figures for the living costs that a student needs in Germany, and these expenses vary from person to person depending on lifestyle:
- Basic living costs: food costs per month up to €150, €70 costs to buy clothes, €92 for public transport, Internet use costs around €31, tuition costs range from €250 to €750.
The cost of living in Germany per month
The cost of living in Germany is low and suitable for the German population and this is because:
- The average income of individuals in Germany ranges from €2,500 to €3,000.
- Housing costs are not high, as the rent of housing in Germany ranges from 250 to 850 euros per month, depending on the region and may reach 1300 euros.
- The average cost of living per capita is from 700 to 1200 euros per month.
How much does it cost to stay in Germany
University housing is the preferred choice for international students due to the presence of advantages such as the appropriate cost for students, the presence of opportunities to get to know German students and develop the German language, and we will learn about the costs of university housing in this paragraph:
- The average cost of renting a living room in a university residence is 230 euros per month.
- The problem is that there are not always enough rooms for students who want to live in university housing, which makes students resort to external housing but in general it is close to the cost in university housing.